Hosting Events at Parks
The Town is committed to providing residents with well-maintained parks and reserves for community-friendly recreational activities and gatherings. The Town’s parks can be used for small private functions, such as children’s birthday parties, without formal bookings, subject to the conditions below:
- Group doesn’t exceed 30 persons
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- Noise must remain at a reasonable level and comply with noise regulations.
- No erection of any type of barrier to exclude the public from a park/reserve.
- Tents, marquees, bouncy castles, or other shelter/structures that require stakes to be driven into the ground are typically not permitted.
Where temporary structures with anchors are required, the Town must be notified in advance for the necessary approvals and charges will apply.
- Vehicle access is typically not permitted. Where vehicle access is required, please click here to complete the Park/Reverse access form, and charges apply.
Private events hosting 30 people or more or serving alcohol are not typically permitted within the Town's public parks and reserves. The Town must be notified in advance for the necessary approvals and charges will apply. Please contact us if your event does not fall within the above conditions.
Other facilities available within the Town of Claremont which can be hired for other types of events are managed by the clubs operating from the relevant building:
Claremont Nedlands Cricket Club or Westside Wolves Hockey Club (season dependent)
||Claremont Football Club
|Claremont Tennis Courts
||Claremont Lawn Tennis Club
For information about hiring these facilities, please contact the relevant clubs. For contact details, click here.
Personal Training Groups must apply to the Town. Please click here for more information.
Park/Reserve Vehicle Access
The Town, at its discretion, may approve vehicle access through its parks/reserves to adjacent private lots for construction or maintenance purposes. To ensure this access does not disadvantage other residents or park users, nor incur a cost to the Town, all applicants will be required to comply to ALL of the following requirements:
- for a Park/Reserve Access application form click here
- pay all fees and charges as approved by Council (see application form for a listing of these).
- provide a Public Liability Insurance Certificate of Currency (if applicable) to the value required by the Town to comply with all conditions of use issued by the Town.
For any further enquiries, please click here to contact us.