- Public Notice
An Ordinary Postal Election will be held on Saturday 21 October 2023 in the Town of Claremont
An Ordinary Postal Election will be held on Saturday 21 October 2023 in the Town of Claremont to fill the following vacancies:
District - 4 Councillors - 4 year terms
Nominations open on Thursday, 31 August 2023
Nominations close at 4:00pm Thursday, 7 September 2023
Nominations must be lodged with the Returning Officer:
- at any time during the above period by arrangement; or
- between 2:00pm and 4:00pm Thursday, 7 September 2023 (close of nominations) at the Town of Claremont, 308 Stirling Highway, Claremont.
Candidates are required to lodge with the Returning Officer:
- a completed nomination in the prescribed form, signed and witnessed. This form is available from the Returning Officer or the Western Australian Electoral Commission (elections.wa.gov.au);
- a single A4 page profile of not more than 1,000 characters (including spaces) containing information about the candidate;
- a nomination deposit of $100 (cash, EFT, bank cheque or postal order);
- a recent passport-sized photograph (optional);
- every candidate must have completed the online course titled Local Government Candidate Induction, available at dlgsc.wa.gov.au, prior to nominating; and
- (optional) in addition to your A4 profile, you may provide additional information that you consider to be relevant to your candidature. This written statement must be not more than 2,000 characters (including spaces), must be in the English language and is for publication on the local government’s official website.
The Commission has developed an online system called Nomination Builder to assist candidates to complete their nomination form which includes the candidate profile. This is the preferred method of completing the nomination form and profile for elections conducted by the Commission. Candidates complete their nomination details and profile, print the completed form which has a reference number allocated and lodge it with the Returning Officer. The nomination builder can be accessed via www.elections.wa.gov.au.
You cannot use Nomination Builder to prepare the additional information.
Where an agent lodges a nomination on a candidate’s behalf, it must be in the prescribed form with a written authorisation signed by the candidate.
The documents may be hand delivered or posted to the Returning Officer and must be received by the close of nominations.
Full details about eligibility and nomination procedures for prospective candidates can be obtained by contacting the Returning Officer, Vanessa PHILLIPS on 0477 368 547 or the Western Australian Electoral Commission on 13 63 06.
Public Notice - Animal Local Law
In accordance with section 3.12(6) of the Local Government Act 1995, notice is given that the Town of Claremont Animal Local Law 2024 was published in the Government Gazette on 16 February 2024 and will come into effect on 1 March 2024.
Public Notice - Proposed Fencing Local Law 2024
In accordance with section 3.12(3)(a) of the Local Government Act 1995, notice is given that the Town of Claremont proposes to make the Fencing Local Law 2024.
Public Notice - Intention to Borrow
At the Ordinary Council Meeting held on 6 February 2024, Council resolved by absolute majority, to borrow $4.15m for the purpose of refinancing a loan for 333 Stirling Highway, Claremont.