Our Response to COVID-19
Page updated: Friday, 27 May 2022. We will continue to update this page as information emerges, so please check back regularly.
What is Town of Claremont doing in response to COVID-19?
Stop the spread
As a community, there are things we can do to minimise the risks and look after each other.
- Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds using soap and water or alcohol gel.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze and cough using a tissue or a flexed elbow.
- Social distancing - the more space between you and others, the harder it is for the virus to spread.
- Stay home if you are sick. Don’t go to work or school if you have symptoms.
If you’re feeling unwell
If you develop a fever, a cough, sore throat or shortness of breath within 14 days of travel to an affected area, you must seek medical attention by:
- attending your GP (phone ahead)
- visit the Emergency Department (advise staff immediately on arrival)
- phone the coronavirus Health Information line on 1800 020 080.
Best sources of information
For a comprehensive list of Government support measures, including individual and business support measures, click here
Download the Federal Government’s COVIDSafe app via the Apple Store or on Google Play.
These websites have the most up-to-date and official information relating to the questions you may have:
Town of Claremont services
Council meetings will remain as normal. If you wish to submit a question on notice for our upcoming Council Meetings, please click here
Waste and Recycling
- Our waste collection services remain unchanged with the collection of yellow recycling bins every fortnight and the new green GO bin every alternate week for those residences utilising the three bin system
- West Metro Recycling Centre - normal operating hours
- SHINE - a local, not-for-profit aged care service providing numerous support services for elderly members of the community including assisting with groceries and essential items, social visiting services, transport, home cleaning, meal preparation, shower and medication prompting plus more. For more information click here to visit their website, phone (08) 9253 5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meals on Wheels - this service provides elderly members of the community freshly cooked meals delivered directly to their front door. Meals are delivered on Monday, Wednesday and Friday to the residents of the Town of Claremont; and on all public holidays with the exception of Christmas Day and New Years Day. This service is organise by the City of Stirling, please contact (08) 9205 7113 or Food.Services@stirling.wa.gov.au
Claremont Town Centre Economic Development
- Offering advice to local businesses on how they can take advantage of state and federal COVID-19 support measures. For more information, visit the Supporting Local Business page here
- For more information on how you can support local business during this time, visit the Discover Claremont from Home page here
Claremont Aquatic Centre
- Open with 2sqm rule in place
Claremont Community Hub and Library
- Open with 2sqm rule in place
Other Community Facilities/Events
- Public outdoor spaces are open
- All Town of Claremont playgrounds, recreational facilities and public bbqs are open
- Claremont Museum is open
- Claremont Golf Course is open