The Capital Works Program has been developed to meet anticipated community infrastructure needs and the future development of the Town to align with the strategic plan, driven by population growth, requirements of the community and asset management. These works include footpath replacement, traffic management treatments and road re-sheeting works among other minor capital works.
Underground Power Project
Graylands Road - Road Rehabilitation and Shared Path Project
Works on the road rehabilitation and shared path on the eastern verge of Graylands Road are scheduled to commence on Monday 26 March 2018. The goal is to complete the works before Friday 27 April 2018, weather and contractor availability permitting.
Works are expected to occur during typical working house (between 7am and 5pm) on weekdays.
Access to Graylands Road will be limited during construction, with detours in place to allow vehicles move around the site safely and to ensure the safety of the Town's staff, contractors and the public.
While it is inevitable that works of this nature will cause some inconvenience to those living and working in this area, every effort will be made to ensure that this is kept to a minimum.
Brockway Road in Mt Claremont
Will be closed to all traffic from Lemnos Street to Underwood Avenue from 9 April for up to four weeks for road construction and resurfacing works.
Detours will be in place and traffic controllers will provide assistance.
Motorists are advised to plan their journeys ahead of time to avoid delays.
Please note that his is not a Town of Claremont project, for more information please visit www.yourvoice.nedlands.wa.gov.au
yourvoice.nedlands.wa.gov.au for further details.
Path Reconstruction - Victoria Avenue and Queenslea Drive
The TOwn would like to advise that the path reconstruction project on the north side of Victoria Ave (between Bay View Tce and Queenslea Dve) and north side of Queenslea Dve (between Freshwater Pde and the roundabout) is schedueld to commence on Monday 16 April 2018.
Works are expected to occur during typical working hours [between 7am and 5pm] on weekdays. Every effort will be made to ensure inconvenience is kept to a minimum.
The goal is to complete the works by Friday 27 April 2018, weather permitting.
Ashton Avenue Bridge Replacement
To facilitate the replacement of the Ashton Avenue bridge, Main Roads WA will be closing the bridge from Thursday, 1 February 2018. Demolition is scheduled to occur during a rail shutdown over the weekend starting Friday, 23 February 2018.
The Traffic Management Plan prepared by Main Roads WA, in consultation with the Town, includes advanced warnings and detours in place for road and path users (see diagram below).
The new bridge is due to be completed by September 2018.
For further information about this project, please visit:
or call Main Roads WA on 13 81 38.
Detours will be in place for road users, with pedestrian access maintained. Some single lane closures on the bridge should also be expected at times.
The undergrounding of power to the final pocket of the Town of Claremont was supported by more than 80% of survey respondents and, as such, the project will commence within the 2017-18 financial year.
Over the coming months, the Town will work with Western Power to develop a scope of works for the project, which is likely to then proceed early in 2018.
Please click here to view a map of properties within the Town that do not currenty have underground power. To read more about this project and to view the full letter to residents and FAQs please click here. To view a map of the high voltage transmission powerlines (66v and 132v) that will not be removed, please click here.
nbn™ is responsible for the design, build and operation of Australia's new broadband network. Construction has commenced in some areas of Claremont, with the estimated completion dates ranging from March 2017 to March 2018. For information on nbn™ in your area visit www.nbnco.com.au
To report a problem
Roads signs line markings and traffic signals are serviced by Main Roads WA.
- WORK ZONE PERMIT APPLICATION are required to be submitted to temporarily obstruct road, verge, footpath or parking bays click here
- ROAD SIGNS - To report a problem with a Road Sign please lodge the problem with Main Roads WA click here.
- INFRASTRUCTURE - To report a problem with the Town’s Roads, Paths, Drainage, or Street Name & Parking Signs or any other Infrastructure. To provide details to the Town click here
- STREETLIGHTS - To report a problem with Streetlights please lodge the problem with Western Power click here, unless in the Town Centre (Bayvew Terrace, St Quentins Ave, Freshwater Close, The Cedus and Shenton Place then click here
- SEWER or MAINS WATER - To report a problem with Sewer or Mains Water please lodge the problem with Watercorp click here.
- To view our street sweeping maintenance schedule click here.
- Click here for private and council owned right of way information.
- CROSSOVER MAINTENANCE is the responsibility of the owner of the adjacent property with the exception of bitumen crossovers constructed prior to January 2016 which the Town will maintain. Please click here for the Town’s Policy Manual for more information. For all new developments, new crossovers or when making changes to please click here.