The Capital Works Program has been developed to meet anticipated community infrastructure needs and the future development of the Town to align with the strategic plan, driven by population growth, requirements of the community and asset management. These works include footpath replacement, traffic management treatments and road re-sheeting works among other minor capital works.
Leura Avenue - Road Rehabilitation Project 2017 -18
The Town is pleased to advise that following the 2017-18 Council endorsed budget, the Road Rehabilitation Project Leura Avenue between Gugeri Street and Stirling Highway is scheduled to commence on Monday 30 October, 2017. The goal is to complete works before Monday 13 November 2017, weather and contractor availability permitting. The main works are expected to occur at night between 7pm and 6am to minimise disruption to traffic.
To view the correspondence sent to neighbouring properties click here.
For any queries of proposed upcoming projects please contact the Town by clicking here
Underground Power Project
The undergrounding of power to the final pocket of the Town of Claremont was supported by more than 80% of survey respondents and, as such, the project will commence within the 2017-18 financial year.
Over the coming months, the Town will work with Western Power to develop a scope of works for the project, which is likely to then proceed early in 2018.
Please click here to view a map of properties within the Town that do not currenty have underground power. To read more about this project and to view the full letter to residents and FAQs please click here. To view a map of the high voltage transmission powerlines (66v and 132v) that will not be removed, please click here.
nbn™ is responsible for the design, build and operation of Australia's new broadband network. Construction has commenced in some areas of Claremont, with the estimated completion dates ranging from March 2017 to March 2018. For information on nbn™ in your area visit www.nbnco.com.au
To report a problem
Roads signs line markings and traffic signals are serviced by Main Roads WA.
- WORK ZONE PERMIT APPLICATION are required to be submitted to temporarily obstruct road, verge, footpath or parking bays click here
- ROAD SIGNS - To report a problem with a Road Sign please lodge the problem with Main Roads WA click here.
- INFRASTRUCTURE - To report a problem with the Town’s Roads, Paths, Drainage, or Street Name & Parking Signs or any other Infrastructure. To provide details to the Town click here
- STREETLIGHTS - To report a problem with Streetlights please lodge the problem with Western Power click here, unless in the Town Centre (Bayvew Terrace, St Quentins Ave, Freshwater Close, The Cedus and Shenton Place then click here
- SEWER or MAINS WATER - To report a problem with Sewer or Mains Water please lodge the problem with Watercorp click here.
- To view our street sweeping maintenance schedule click here.
- Click here for private and council owned right of way information.
- CROSSOVER MAINTENANCE is the responsibility of the owner of the adjacent property with the exception of bitumen crossovers constructed prior to January 2016 which the Town will maintain. Please click here for the Town’s Policy Manual for more information. For all new developments, new crossovers or when making changes to please click here.