The Capital Works Program has been developed to meet anticipated community infrastructure needs and the future development of the Town to align with the strategic plan, driven by population growth, requirements of the community and asset management. These works include footpath replacement, traffic management treatments and road re-sheeting works among other minor capital works.
Underground Power Project
Footpath Reconstruction - Mofflin Avenue (north side)
The footpath reconstruction project for the north side of Moffline Avenue is scheduled to commence on Monday 5 August 2019. The goal is to complete these works by Friday 9 August 2019, weather permitting.
If you have any queries regarding these works, please contact us.
Footpath Reconstruction - Garden Street (south south between Central Avenue & Devon Road)
The footpath reconstruction project for the above is scheduled to commence on Monday 5 August 2019. The goal is to complete the major works by Friday 9 August 2019, weather permitting.
If you have any queries rgarding these works, please contact us.
Road Rehabilitation Project 2019-20 - Goldsmith Road (between Loton Road & Stone Road)
The above project is scheduled to commence on Monday 5 August 2019. The goal is to complete the works by Friday 9 August, weather and contractor availability permitting.
If you ahve any queries regarding these works, please contact us.
The undergrounding of power to the final pocket of the Town of Claremont commenced in May 2018. The project will run for approximately 14 months with a planned completion around July 2019, weather and contractor conditions permitting.
Please click here to view the Project Start-Up Newsletter. Below is a map of zone areas as well as an up-to-date table of estimated start and completion dates for each zone (updated 15 February 2019).
Please note the Estimated Start and Estimated Completion dates in the table below have changed from those originally publicised in the 2018 Project Start Up information pack dated 30 April 2018.
||Estimated Start Date
||Estimated Completion Date
||February 2019 (complete)
||May 2019 (complete)
||April 2019 (complete)
Last updated 15 May 2019.
Please click here to view the Frequently Asked Questions.
To view a map of the high voltage transmission powerlines (66v and 132v) that will not be removed, please click here.
To report a problem
Roads signs line markings and traffic signals are serviced by Main Roads WA.
- WORK ZONE PERMIT APPLICATIONS are required to be submitted to temporarily obstruct road, verge, footpath or parking bays. Download the application form
- ROAD SIGNS - To report a problem with a road sign please lodge the problem with Main Roads WA Main Roads WA.
- INFRASTRUCTURE - To report a problem with the Town’s roads, paths, drainage, street name and parking signs, or any other infrastructure, contact us
- STREETLIGHTS - To report a problem with Streetlights please lodge the problem with Western Power, unless in the Town Centre (Bay View Terrace, St Quentin Ave and Freshwater Close then contact us)
- SEWER or MAINS WATER - To report a problem with Sewer or Mains Water please lodge the problem with Watercorp.
- View our street sweeping maintenance schedule.
- View private and council owned right of way information.
- CROSSOVER MAINTENANCE is the responsibility of the owner of the adjacent property with the exception of bitumen crossovers constructed prior to January 2016 which the Town will maintain. View the Town's Policy Manual for more information, or view our guidance for all new developments, new crossovers or when making changes.