The Capital Works Program has been developed to meet anticipated community infrastructure needs and the future development of the Town to align with the strategic plan, driven by population growth, requirements of the community and asset management. These works include footpath replacement, traffic management treatments and road re-sheeting works among other minor capital works.
Ashton Avenue - Replacement of bridge
Main Roads are preparing to replace Ashton Avenue bridge in 2018 and over the next few weeks you may notice some pre-construction activity by Western Power and the Public Transport Authority.
Detours will be in place for road users, with pedestrian access maintained. Some single lane closures on the bridge should also be expected at times.
Ashton Avenue Communication Pole Replacement
In preparation for the works to replace the Ashton Avenue bridge, the Public Transport Authority (PTA) will be replacing the radio communications pole within the Ashton Avenue road and rail reserve. Works will commence in January and will be completed by March 2018. For more information about the works please visit the PTA website at www.pta.wa.gov.au, email email@example.com or call 13 62 13.
Underground Power Project
The undergrounding of power to the final pocket of the Town of Claremont was supported by more than 80% of survey respondents and, as such, the project will commence within the 2017-18 financial year.
Over the coming months, the Town will work with Western Power to develop a scope of works for the project, which is likely to then proceed early in 2018.
Please click here to view a map of properties within the Town that do not currenty have underground power. To read more about this project and to view the full letter to residents and FAQs please click here. To view a map of the high voltage transmission powerlines (66v and 132v) that will not be removed, please click here.
nbn™ is responsible for the design, build and operation of Australia's new broadband network. Construction has commenced in some areas of Claremont, with the estimated completion dates ranging from March 2017 to March 2018. For information on nbn™ in your area visit www.nbnco.com.au
To report a problem
Roads signs line markings and traffic signals are serviced by Main Roads WA.
- WORK ZONE PERMIT APPLICATION are required to be submitted to temporarily obstruct road, verge, footpath or parking bays click here
- ROAD SIGNS - To report a problem with a Road Sign please lodge the problem with Main Roads WA click here.
- INFRASTRUCTURE - To report a problem with the Town’s Roads, Paths, Drainage, or Street Name & Parking Signs or any other Infrastructure. To provide details to the Town click here
- STREETLIGHTS - To report a problem with Streetlights please lodge the problem with Western Power click here, unless in the Town Centre (Bayvew Terrace, St Quentins Ave, Freshwater Close, The Cedus and Shenton Place then click here
- SEWER or MAINS WATER - To report a problem with Sewer or Mains Water please lodge the problem with Watercorp click here.
- To view our street sweeping maintenance schedule click here.
- Click here for private and council owned right of way information.
- CROSSOVER MAINTENANCE is the responsibility of the owner of the adjacent property with the exception of bitumen crossovers constructed prior to January 2016 which the Town will maintain. Please click here for the Town’s Policy Manual for more information. For all new developments, new crossovers or when making changes to please click here.