The Capital Works Program has been developed to meet anticipated community infrastructure needs and the future development of the Town to align with the strategic plan, driven by population growth, requirements of the community and asset management. These works include footpath replacement, traffic management treatments and road re-sheeting works among other minor capital works.
Underground Power Project
Path replacement project: Stirling Highway north (between Dean Street & Stirling Road)
Path replacement on the north side of Stirling Highway, between Dean Street and Stilrng Road is scheduled to commence on Monday, 11 June 2018. The goal is complete the works before Friday, 15 June 2018, weather and contractor availablilty permitting.
The proposed sequence of works is:
- Four night shift works - Monday, 11 June to Thursday, 14 June (between 7pm and 6am). This will include the removal of the existing slab footpath and kerb and replace with new kerb.
- Two day shift works - Thursday, 14 June and Friday, 15 June. This will include the repair of any reticulation damage and to undertake a general clean up.
Ashton Avenue - Traffic Calming (speed plateaus) at the intersection of Second Avenue
Works to install traffic calming speed plateaus at the intersection of Ashton Avenue and Second Avenue are due to commence on Tuesday 5 June, 2018 between 9am and 5pm. The goal is to complete the work within one day, weather and contractor availability permitting.
The road works include:
North and south intersections, old asphalt surface profiling to a depth of 15mm;
Constructing two plateaus by layoing black and red asphalt to a maximum height of 90mm
Road Rehabilitation - Derby Street
The Town would like to advise that the road rehabilitation project and minor path replacement of Derby Street is scheduled to commence on Monday 14 May 2018. The goal is to complete the works before Friday 8 June 2018, weather and contractor availability permitting.
Works are expected to occur during typical working hours [between 7am and 5pm] on weekdays. Please note that during construction, access to Derby Street will be limited with detours in place. Every effort will be made to ensure inconvenience for residents and the public is kept to a minimum.
Planned Path and Kerb Works - Albert St between Stirling Hwy & Kingsmill St
The Town of Claremont's current capital work program includes a necessary upgrade to the pedestrian access on Albert Street. A new path has been planned for the west side of the road which will be more suitable for wheelchair access.
The works are scheduled to commence on Monday 7 May 2018 and will be complete by Friday 11 May 2018, weather and contractor availability permitting.
During these works, there will be limited vehicle access to the properties on the west side of the road from Monday, 7 May to 7:30am to 4:00pm.
Ashton Avenue Bridge Replacement
To facilitate the replacement of the Ashton Avenue bridge, Main Roads WA will be closing the bridge from Thursday, 1 February 2018. Demolition is scheduled to occur during a rail shutdown over the weekend starting Friday, 23 February 2018.
The Traffic Management Plan prepared by Main Roads WA, in consultation with the Town, includes advanced warnings and detours in place for road and path users (see diagram below).
The new bridge is due to be completed by September 2018.
For further information about this project, please visit:
or call Main Roads WA on 13 81 38.
Detours will be in place for road users, with pedestrian access maintained. Some single lane closures on the bridge should also be expected at times.
The undergrounding of power to the final pocket of the Town of Claremont will commence in May 2018. The project will run for approximately 13 months with a planned completion around June 2019, weather and contractor conditions permitting.
Please click here to view the Project Start-Up Newsletter including a project area map with zone estimated start and completion dates.
Please click here to view the Frequently Asked Questions.
To view a map of the high voltage transmission powerlines (66v and 132v) that will not be removed, please click here.
nbn™ is responsible for the design, build and operation of Australia's new broadband network. Construction has commenced in some areas of Claremont, with the estimated completion dates ranging from March 2017 to March 2018. For information on nbn™ in your area visit www.nbnco.com.au
To report a problem
Roads signs line markings and traffic signals are serviced by Main Roads WA.
- WORK ZONE PERMIT APPLICATION are required to be submitted to temporarily obstruct road, verge, footpath or parking bays click here
- ROAD SIGNS - To report a problem with a Road Sign please lodge the problem with Main Roads WA click here.
- INFRASTRUCTURE - To report a problem with the Town’s Roads, Paths, Drainage, or Street Name & Parking Signs or any other Infrastructure. To provide details to the Town click here
- STREETLIGHTS - To report a problem with Streetlights please lodge the problem with Western Power click here, unless in the Town Centre (Bayvew Terrace, St Quentins Ave, Freshwater Close, The Cedus and Shenton Place then click here
- SEWER or MAINS WATER - To report a problem with Sewer or Mains Water please lodge the problem with Watercorp click here.
- To view our street sweeping maintenance schedule click here.
- Click here for private and council owned right of way information.
- CROSSOVER MAINTENANCE is the responsibility of the owner of the adjacent property with the exception of bitumen crossovers constructed prior to January 2016 which the Town will maintain. Please click here for the Town’s Policy Manual for more information. For all new developments, new crossovers or when making changes to please click here.