The Capital Works Program has been developed to meet anticipated community infrastructure needs and the future development of the Town to align with the strategic plan, driven by population growth, requirements of the community and asset management. These works include footpath replacement, traffic management treatments and road re-sheeting works among other minor capital works.
Underground Power Project
Footpath Reconstruction - First Avenue (south side)
The footpath reconstruction project is scheduled to commence 15 April, 2019. The goal is to complete works before Friday, 19 April, 2019, weather permitting.
If you have any queries about these works, please contact us.
Davies Road redevelopment
Works to improve Davies Road are due to commence in mid-April 2019 and will be completed by June 2019.
The scope of works include:
- Upgrading and resealing the road
- Increased street parking
- Installation of centre median strip
- Installation of new street trees and islands to protect the trees
- Improved pedestrian crossing points
The new on-street parking areas and the median strips will be defined with the use of red oxide bitumen. This will differentiate it from the black bitumen on the road surface, improving the aesthetics of the road.
View a plan of the changes or read the Davies Road redevelopment project's FAQs. If you have any queries about this project, please contact us.
Road Rehabilitation Project - Alfred Road (between Brockway Road and Mimosa Avenue)
The programmed Road Rehabilitation Project for Alfred Road (between Brockway Road and Mimosa Avenue) is scheduled to commence on Monday 8 April 2019. The goal is to complete the works before Friday 3 May 2019, weather and contractor availability permitting.
View more detail on the works, including an information sheet. If you have any queries regarding this project or would like further information, please contact the Town's Supervisor of Works, Svetlana Ostrovsky, on 9285 4300.
Road Rehabilitation Project - Gugeri Street (between Chancellor Street and Langsford Street)
Following the road rehabilitation works undertaken in January 2019, issues in the final road seal mean that a section of the works is in need of repair. The works are being carried out by Boral asphalt and are scheduled to be undertaken in one night shift on Thursday 14 March 2019 from 7pm until 6am the following morning.
During construction, access to Gugeri Street will be limited. Detours will be erected to allow vehicles around the site safely, ensuring the safety of the Town's staff, contractors and the public.
While it is inevitable that works of this nature will cause some inconvenience to those living in this area, every effort will be made to ensure that this is kept to a minimum.
If you have any queries regarding this project or would like further information, please contact the Town's Supervisor of Works, Svetlana Ostrovsky, on 9285 4300.
Footpath construction - east side of Ashton Avenue, section between Gugeri Street and Judge Avenue
The Town would like to advise that a footpath reconstruction project on the east side of Ashton Avenue is scheduled to commence on Friday 22 March 2019. The goal is to complete the major works before the following Tuesday 26 March, weather permitting.
Below is the proposed sequence of events:
- Form up and pour a new 1.8m width footpath in Claremont cream colour
- Build two pram ramps on the intersection with Judge Avenue, removing small sections of old slabs and linking to the current footpath
- Repair any damage to reticulation or verges, and undertake a general clean up
Works are expected to occur during typical working hours (between 7am and 5pm) on weekdays. While it is inevitable that works of this nature will cause some inconvenience to yourself and residents living in the area, every effort will be made to ensure that this is kept to a minimum.
Please note that removing or ignoring cones can lead to confusion, personal injury, damage to vehicles, the new footpath surface, and cause delays to the project.
If you have any queries regardling this project or would like further information, please contact the Supervisor of Works, Svetlana Ostrovsky, on 9285 4300.
The undergrounding of power to the final pocket of the Town of Claremont commenced in May 2018. The project will run for approximately 14 months with a planned completion around July 2019, weather and contractor conditions permitting.
Please click here to view the Project Start-Up Newsletter. Below is a map of zone areas as well as an up-to-date table of estimated start and completion dates for each zone (updated 15 February, 2019).
Please note the Estimated Start and Estimated Completion dates in the table below have changed from those originally publicised in the 2018 Project Start Up information pack dated 30 April, 2018.
||Estimated Start Date
||Estimated Completion Date
||February 2019 (complete)
Last updated 15 February, 2019.
Please click here to view the Frequently Asked Questions.
To view a map of the high voltage transmission powerlines (66v and 132v) that will not be removed, please click here.
To report a problem
Roads signs line markings and traffic signals are serviced by Main Roads WA.
- WORK ZONE PERMIT APPLICATIONS are required to be submitted to temporarily obstruct road, verge, footpath or parking bays. Download the application form
- ROAD SIGNS - To report a problem with a road sign please lodge the problem with Main Roads WA Main Roads WA.
- INFRASTRUCTURE - To report a problem with the Town’s roads, paths, drainage, street name and parking signs, or any other infrastructure, contact us
- STREETLIGHTS - To report a problem with Streetlights please lodge the problem with Western Power, unless in the Town Centre (Bay View Terrace, St Quentin Ave and Freshwater Close then contact us)
- SEWER or MAINS WATER - To report a problem with Sewer or Mains Water please lodge the problem with Watercorp.
- View our street sweeping maintenance schedule.
- View private and council owned right of way information.
- CROSSOVER MAINTENANCE is the responsibility of the owner of the adjacent property with the exception of bitumen crossovers constructed prior to January 2016 which the Town will maintain. View the Town's Policy Manual for more information, or view our guidance for all new developments, new crossovers or when making changes.