Draft Management Plan for Claremont Showgrounds
The Royal Agricultural Society of WA (RAS) has prepared a draft Management Plan for the Claremont Showgrounds to guide its future development. The plan will be considered by the Town of Claremont, but ultimately requires the approval of the state government through the Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC).
The RAS has commenced its own public engagement on the draft plan. Please click here to find out more information from the RAS and provide feedback.
The Town intends to separately consult with the public on the draft plan following lodgement of the plan with the WAPC.
Events at the Claremont Showgrounds
The Royal Agricultural Society's (RAS) Claremont Showgrounds play host to a range of events during the year. For any further upcoming events at the Showgrounds please click here.
To assist residents and those wishing to make contact during an event :
Event organiser - details above
Local police on 131 444
Traffic Issues and Parking
Town of Claremont (after hours service) on 9285 4300
Temporary parking changes for the 2019 Perth Caravan and Camping Show
The Perth Caravan and Camping Show is scheduled to take place from 20 to 24 March 2019.
We strongly recommend that you use public transport to and from the Show. More information on public transport, as well as the venue's paid onsite and free offsite parking options, is available on the Caravan and Camping Show website
Please note that the following temporary parking restrictions will be in place during the Show:
- 'No stopping road or verge'
- Chancellor Street
- Gugeri Street (between Langsford Street and Chancellor Street)
- Henshaw Lane
- 'No stopping'
- Graylands Road:
- Between Alfred Road and Lapsley Road (west side)
- Between Lakeway Street and Alfred Road (both sides)
- Lakeway Street (between Davies Road and Graylands Road)
- Elliot Road
- 'Tow away zone'
- Corner of Lakeway and Graylands Road
- Corner of Davies Road and Shenton Road
- Corner of Lapsley Road and Graylands Road
- Timed precinct parking (8am to 6pm during the Show)
- Davies Road (between Shenton Road and Lakeway Street)
- Kyle Way
- Lapsley Road
- Paid parking at $20 per day
Car parks and parking stations
Parking restrictions will also be changed in the following car parks and parking stations during the period of the Show:
- Four hour parking limit Monday to Sunday between 7am and 6pm:
- Parking station 1C (the golf course)
- Parking station 1A (upper pool)
- Car park 5A
- Two hour parking limit Monday to Sunday between 7am and 6pm:
The current timed parking on the following streets will be replaced with temporary ACROD parking bays:
- Graylands Road (between Shenton Road and Kyle Way)
- Shenton Road (between Graylands Road and Tiger Way)
- Tiger Way