Waste and Recycling
The 2015-16 Waste Calendar can be viewed by clicking here
The 2016-17 Waste Calendar can be viewed by clicking here
The Town of Claremont provides the following waste services for residential properties:
1 x 120L bin that is collected weekly. For waste collection days please refer to the 2015/16 Waste Calendar link at top of this page.
1x 240L bin that is collected fortnightly on the same day as your general waste bin. For accepted recyclable waste please clink on this link https://www.perthwaste.com.au/residents/claremont
Both the general waste and recycling bins are to be place 0.5m from the kerb side, clear of obstruction and prior to 6.00am on collection day. Place the bins with the wheels facing your property. Ensure the lid is closed.
Please retrieve your bin as soon as possible.
DAMAGED BIN - Please contact Perthwaste on 1300 633 633 or the Town of Claremont click here
STOLEN BIN - A police report is required before reporting a stolen bin to the Town
UPGRADE/DOWNGRADE OF BIN – To upgrade or downgrade a waste bin service a written request must be submitted to the Town via email or post. Click here for details. The owner of the property must be aware of any changes to services as charges will be applied. The Town will not accept service changes from tenants without approval from the ratepayer.
Bulk Verge Waste
The 2015/16 Bulk Waste Calendar can be viewed by clicking here
The Town of Claremont provides both general and green waste bulk verge pickups.
The following is acceptable for each verge pick up:
- old furniture, appliances, televisions, and white goods (refrigerators, stoves and other metals – please remove refrigerator and freezer doors)
- garden waste including all tree and shrub cuttings. Prunings should be no longer than 1.5m with cut ends towards the kerb. Green waste only bags are available from the council office for $5.50 each. The bags can be used for leaves and lawn clippings. Your empied bag will be returned to your property.
Waste not collected
- Building rubble
- Tree stumps
- Lawn sods/soil
- Large tree trunks
- Leaves in plastic bags
- Food and liquid waste
- Flammable liquids
- Hazardous chemicals and poisons refer to paragraph below
HOUSEHOLD BATTERY RECYCLING – a battery recycling bin is located at Town of Claremont administration building.
RECYCLING SERVICES - The JFR (Jim) McGeough Resource Recovery Facility (formerly known as Brockway Transfer Station) provides a service to accept a variety of recyclable materials. For more information please see here www.wmrc.wa.gov.au/our-facility/recycling-services/
Disposal of Asbestos Cement Products
- Asbestos cement sheets are to be wrapped and sealed in heavy duty plastic sheeting.
- Smaller pieces of asbestos should be placed in heavy duty plastic bags and sealed.
- A maximum of 3 sheets of asbestos cement fencing or the equivalent thereof per vehicle will be accepted at the JFR (Jim) McGeough Resource Recovery Facility (formerly known as Brockway Transfer Station).
- Persons delivering more than 3 sheets will be turned away.
- The JFR facility does not cater for demolition work.
Household Chemicals and Poisons for Disposal
- Chemicals and poisons when properly used do not present a problem.
- Chemicals and poisons stored in large amounts can become dangerous and pose a health risk.
- Ensure they are stored in a safe, cool and dry place away from children and pets.
- Keep products in original containers with labels intact.
- Some chemicals and poisons can be disposed of at the JFR (Jim) McGeough Resource Recovery Facility (formerly known as Brockway Transfer Station). Please refer to link http://www.wmrc.wa.gov.au/our-facility/household-hazardous-waste/