In response to COVID-19, the Town is operating remotely in the interest of public health and safety. To enable us to do this effectively we ask that all applications and payments be lodged electronically during this time via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (file size limit 10MB) or by submitting online below for larger files.
Should you be unable to lodge electronically, please post to PO Box 54, Claremont WA 6910. Please note that some requests for plan searches may not be able to be actioned.
Please contact. email@example.com or phone 9285 4300 for further queries.
We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Electronic Large file upload
Via email (limited 10MB) – firstname.lastname@example.org
USB via post
Hard copy via post PO Box 54, Claremont WA 6910 or;
In person at 308 Stirling Highway, Claremont WA 6010
Note: Approvals will be issued electronically unless otherwise requested by submission of application.
|BUILDING SERVICE LEVY
|Construction and training fund levy
|infrastructure damage bond
Payment of the relevant fees can be made over the phone (9285 4300), at the front counter at the Town or by completing
the credit card authorisation form found on the Town's website.
Back To Top
|Checklist for Building Permit and Demolition Permit Applications
|Link to all Building Application forms including; Certified, Uncertified, Demolition, Occupancy and Building Approval Certificates
|Building Approval Forms
|Link for Construction Training Fund levy form required when a levy payment is collected by the Town
||Construction Training Fund Levy Form
|A Credit Card Authorisation form is required when submitting applications electronically
||Credit Card Authorisation Form
|Sign Licence application form in accordance with the Town of Claremont Local Laws where limited discretion applies and Development Approval may be required
|Application for Sign Licence
|An overview of the building approvals process, prepared by the Building Commission to assist those in the building industry, home-owners, permit authority clients and staff, owner-builders and building industry students.
|A guide to the building approvals process in WA
|All pools, spas and safety barriers in the Town of Claremont are required to have building approval prior to installation. Pool inspections are carried out every 4 years by the Town to ensure compliance. For information about the safety requirements please view the Rules for Pools and Spas booklet developed by the Department of Commerce.
||Rules for Pools and Spas
|Archival information Search Request form – to obtain details relative to former Building Licences and Permits, Sign Licences or any other approval issued by the Town
||Search Request Form
|Certification form to be completed by Building Surveyor attesting to compliance with the deemed –to-comply requirements of the R-Codes and planning requirements
||Single House Verification Certificate
|Application to verify compliance with “written laws” relative to Planning requirements inclusive of compliance with the deemed-to-comply provisions of the Residential Design Codes, Town Planning Scheme No. 3 and Council’s Policies
||Planning Certification Form
Drainage, Verge and Crossovers
The Town requires that all new developments seek infrastructure clearance. This clearance must be sought prior to or at the time of lodging a building permit application. The Town can then advise the applicant of any conflicting issues at the development stage.
If clearance is not sought and conflicts are later identified, the Town reserves the right to request modifications for which the property owner will bear the full cost.
The infrastructure clearance will also assess and clear any engineering conditions of the development approval which may include; new crossovers, stormwater drainage, modifications to verge assets, finished floor levels, vehicle parking and manoeuvrability, easements and landscape plans.
Other useful references:
- CROSSOVERS AND VEHICLE ACCESS - Council approval is required prior to the construction of a new crossover, or the modification of an existing crossover. They must be constructed to the Town’s standards and specifications. Where a new premises is constructed the Town will contribute 50% towards the cost of the new crossover up to $500. This subsidy will also apply when upgrading an existing bitumen crossover to current standards and specifications. To download the Town’s current standard drawing, specifications and an Application Form please click here. Download an Application for Crossover Subsidy here.
- Click here to fill out a Work Zone Application permit to request permission to work on or utilise the verge, footpath, or road.
- To request street tree removal or pruning click here. For detailed information on Trees please click here
- For information on new verge treatments or making changes to existing verge treatments please click here
- For the Town's storm water drainage requirements please click here
- Prior to conducting works please lodge a Dial Before You Dig request by clicking here
- On completion of your works a request for refund of Damage Bond is required. Please click here for a Damage Bond Refund application form.
Asbestos Awareness information.
Sediment and dust control on development sites (building and subdivision works) is controlled under Council's Site Erosion and Sand Drift Local Law 2016.
Sediment Control Brochure
Sand Drift Prevention and Sediment Control Guidelines for Building Sites
The Building Act 2011 introduces a new building approval process for Western Australia.
The Building Act 2011 and Building Regulations 2012 replaces the Building Regulations 1989 much of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1960. Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety.
Back To Top