Pursuant to the Local Government Act 1995.
The Council of the Town of Claremont resolved at its 15 May 2018 Ordinary Council Meeting to adopt the ‘Town of Claremont Meeting Procedures Local Law’
in accordance with section 3.12(6) of the Local Government Act 1995.
is to provide the rules for the conduct of meetings of the Council, the trustee, Committees and Elected Members.
of the local law is result in –
- Better decision making at Council meetings
- Orderly and efficient conduct of meetings, and
- Greater community understanding of the business of the Council.
A copy of the ‘Town of Claremont Meeting Procedures Local Law’
may be inspected or obtained from the following locations:
- Administration Building: Number One Claremont, 308 Stirling Highway, Claremont. On weekdays between 8:30am and 5:00pm.
- Claremont Community Hub and Library: 327 Stirling Highway, Claremont. Mondays to Wednesdays and Fridays between 9:30am and 5:00pm. Thursdays between 9:30am and 7:00pm. On Saturdays between 9:00am and 12:00pm.
- Website: www.claremont.wa.gov.au (under ‘Your Council > Local Laws, Policies, Delegations and FOI’).
- This Local Law was gazetted on Friday 25 May 2018 (Gazette No. 77) and will come into operation on 8 June 2018.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Back To News Stories