Get into Health
|Time:||26 May 2019 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM|
'Get into Health' at our annual fun run and wellness fair! This event is open to everyone, including seasoned runners, walkers, beginners and those wanting to have some fun. Bring family and friends for a morning of fun and fitness at the beautiful Lake Claremont.
There are three courses to choose on the 'Get into Health' journey, each with a great range of prizes up for grabs.
- 10km* run (starts 8.30am): for those aspiring towards a half marathon or just for the love of the run, this is for you. This course consists of four laps around Lake Claremont
- 5km* run (starts 9.00am): a good course for beginner runners, this course is two laps around Lake Claremont
- The fun walk - 2.5km* walk (starts 9.30am): enjoy the serenity with one lap of Lake Claremont - great for families and for people who just want to come have a fun time!
*Distances are not exact, but the courses will be timed
Take a well-earned break after the course at the Stirling Road park, where there will be healthy food options and takeaway coffee, kids activities, warm-ups and cool down stretches, plus plenty of health, wellbeing and active-themed stalls to browse after your walk or run.
All courses are free to enter, but registration is essential. To enter:
- Click here to register
- Collect your course bib from the Stirling Road park on the day, or from the Town of Claremont administration building in the week before the event
- Arrive 30 minutes before the course start time for your warm-up
This is an environmentally-friendly event, so please bring your own keep cups and water bottles.
No dogs are permitted on the race course and must be on a short lead if they are joining you in the park afterwards.