Do you want to make a difference at a local level?
Give yourself the power to change the world you live in – from the streets and parks you use, to events, facilities and services your community enjoys. The Town of Claremont provides great conditions and empowers you to put your ideas into action and we are always seeking great people with similar values to contribute to our team and community.
Environmental Health Officer
Closing date: Monday 20 July
Benefits of working for the Town
||We are responsible for how we behave in our workplace and will show respect and courtesy to all of our customers and colleagues
||We are open, accountable and honest
||We demonstrate our respect for our community and each other through timely, accurate and understandable communication
||Every contact with a customer is important and an opportunity to demonstrate our commitment
||Our focus is quality outcomes achieved on time and on budget
Remuneration and conditions
- Competitive salaries
- Generous superannuation contribution scheme
- Flexible work options
- Employee recognition program
- Attractive working location in the Claremont town centre
- Modern, accessible workspaces
- Accessible public transport and free car parking
Health and wellbeing initiatives
- Free use of our Corporate Gym and Aquatic Centre
- Confidential employee assistance program
- Discounted private health membership
- Flu vaccinations
- Skin cancer checks
- Health and wellbeing seminars
- Active social club
Training and development
- Internal training courses
- Opportunities to attend work-related conferences and seminars
- Study assistance options: ranging from paid leave to reimbursement of course fees (Conditions apply)
- Opportunities to act in higher grade roles
- Opportunities to participate in project teams and committees
How to apply
In order to be considered for the vacant position you must be able to demonstrate your suitability for the position. Before preparing your application, check the essential selection criteria outlined in the position description to ensure you are eligible to apply.
Your application must include:
A covering letter should demonstrate your suitability for the position by addressing the selection criteria. It also gives you the opportunity to introduce yourself to the selection panel and explain why you are applying for the position.
Curriculum vitae / resume
Your Curriculum Vitae (CV) / Resume should include your personal details, relevant work history, education, training, qualifications and professional memberships.
The names and contact details of at least two work related referees should be presented in your CV/Resume.
Lodging your application
Applications must reach the Town of Claremont no later than 5pm on the closing date.
Your application should be emailed (in word or PDF document format) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure the position title is clearly marked in the covering letter of your application.
Canvassing of Councillors will disqualify applicants.
The Town of Claremont is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to selecting the best applicant for each vacancy.